Sunday, February 20, 2011

Friendship----You Laugh I Laugh? You Jump I Jump?

  

I get it from facebook^^
It's quite funny. 
What's your opinion on friendship?
Is it you jump I jump?

Life is so short that we need someone to share our thoughts and feelings. Definitely, a thought would arise in our mind asking who it could be whom we can trust so closely. Answer might be who someone closes to you, but who? Parents, brother, sister…..! Apparently, it hardly comes to anyone’s mind a “true friend”. You are no nearer to true friendship than if you choose them for commercial reason. Besides who are you that you should be setting a price upon your friendship? It is enough for any man that he has the divine power of making friends, and he must leave it to that power of making friends. 

Question:
Some people choose friends who are different from themselves. Others choose friends who are similar to themselves. Compare the advantages of having friends who are different from you with the advantages of having friends who are similar to you. Which kind of friends do you prefer for yourself? Why?


Essay from other sites:
People cannot live without relationships. There are many relationships but the relationship between friends is the best of all. Humans have feelings therefore, for sharing them we all want a friend. Selection of a friend depends on the nature of a person. Many people like to make a friend who has a similar nature while others choose a friend who has a different nature. Both types of friendship have their different advantages. Some of them are as follows:

I feel very happy if I have a friend who is similar to me. In my view, a friend is a person with whom I can share my sad and happy moments. If my friend has the same nature as me then she can understand my feelings otherwise not. In my opinion, if I have a friend who has a similar nature as me then we can go outside to visit places, museums, watch movies and play together. If both friends have the same nature they will feel free and enjoy their chat, otherwise they may not. I have a good friend, with whom I feel very happy because our discussion topics are THE same and we have the same choices. Similar minded friends usually have the same thinking. That’s why they can run their relationship for a long time. For strong relationships people should have the same thinking, feelings and most important speak the same language. If two people speak in different languages then they cannot be good friends. For communication language is very important. I always prefer those friends who speak with me in my mother tongue.

I also feel happy if I have a friend who is not similar to me. In the society of these types of friends I can get knowledge and learn other aspects of life in which I am weak. If I have a friend who is not similar to me then definitely our discussion topics will be different. With the help of each other we can learn what the other thinks also. In my childhood, I had a friend who was very good at languages and I was good at mathematics. We were very different but we were good friends. That was possible because we helped each other and wanted to discuss different topics. At that time we both got good marks in both subjects. So if we have a friend who is not similar to us, then we should try to learn good things and get knowledge from them.

All in all, I would like to say it does not matter what kind of friend you have. What matters is how you treat them. Both types of friendship have their advantages. But if I find a chance to choose a friend then I would like to prefer those who have different qualities from mine or who is different from me. In my opinion, this is very important for learning and increasing the level of knowledge. For increasing awareness friends should be different from oneself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loading